Read on for …
Opioid Orrin … Utah Officials … Energy Solutions … Nuclear Waste … Pollute Poison …
… the reader may choose to open the above “Table of Contents” and click on item number 24 first for …
… “Opioid Orrin” Senator Orrin Hatch … should be Indicted for his Piece of the Opioid Scandal. Without Hatch, there likely would NOT have been an Opioid Epidemic.
- 49,000 Number of Americans who died of an opioid overdose in 2017
- $504B Estimated economic cost of the opioid epidemic in 2015
- 10% Proportion of people with opioid use disorder who receive medication
- 75% Proportion of people with opioid use disorder who go untreated
Monkey See … Monkey Do … or so it goes for Hatch’s Hatchlings and Herbert’s Utah Goodfella legislators and the Utah Attorney General.
What better role models for our legislators to follow than Senator Orrin Hatch and Governor Gary Herbert for a template to firmly ensconce themselves by hook or by crook at the public trough?
… Herbert’s pitiful, weak-kneed response to the nuclear waste bill was to let it slide. Utah’s World renown Nuclear Waste Giant, Energy Solutions, will benefit largely from this bill.HB 220 Legislative Leadership Letter 2019
The World of Nuclear Waste Disposal revolves around Energy Solutions.
3/21/19 Update … Governor “I’m Available Jones” Herbert’s pitiful, weak-kneed response to the bill was to let it slide. He said, “I have allowed HB 220, Radioactive Waste Amendments to become law without my signature.” And his reservations were, “… about how this legislation came forward.” Who wouldn’t have had such “reservations”?
Herbert, having previously “grifted” Energy Solutions a whole heap of cash to the tune of $1.7M, couldn’t bring himself to veto the bill because he also has shamefully taken a lot of money from special interests.
Utah’s legions of legislative quislings and Hatchlings have followed the “Available Jones'” and Orrin Hatch model by “grifting” a lot from Energy Solutions, Big Tobacco and others just for starters.
Herbert whimpered to the Legislature, “… reservations about how this legislation came forward” yet he failed to “Man Up!” and couldn’t because he’s compromised all ’round.
Herbert’s patronage of Energy Solutions can be rewarded through “back doors” beyond public scrutiny. From “Vote Smart” we find “Energy & Natural Resources contributions to Herbert of $172,500.00” and $821,713.74 that are “Uncoded.”
It’s simply a matter of “What’s good for the sow is also great slop for the shoats.” How the bill came forward is reflected in and demonstrated by the summary of payments from Energy Solutions to the following legislators …
… with the two courageous exceptions of Iwamoto and Kitchen …
Energy Solutions paid off the following Senate Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee members who pushed and passed the justifiably contested Nuclear Waste bill HB0220S03 on Feb 6.
See the complete list of Utah Officials who like a litter of Suckling Shoats have scrambled wildly to get at the Energy Solutions’ slop trough.
Energy Solutions’ Payments to Utah Goodfellas
The following data was recovered from FollowTheMoney.org here https://tinyurl.com/y5gtaz65
About Pignanelli the Pig & Foxley the Fox
Pignanelli the Pig & Foxley the Fox … Wizards of Waste … Denizens of the Dump … Gladiators for the “Radiation-iators” … Shills for Bills
Foxley is listed as a registered lobbyist for Energy Solutions.
Over the years, legislation like HB0220S03 has been proposed and defeated. The current result opens the way for the transport of hazardous nuclear waste from other states to Utah against the will and wishes of Utahns. This hazardous waste will be deposited in Energy Solutions’ facilities where it will grow more and more toxic as time goes by. Lest we become too cavalier about the net effect of increasing, long term radiation for generations to come, we ask, “Who is to be concerned for the health and welfare of our great, great great, and succeedingly greater (we hope) grandchildren?”
Our concern, for example, resides in and springs from the history of poisoned sheep and irradiated Utah “Down Winder” families. How soon we forget what we were not to have known and were to have hopefully soon forgotten … Goodfellas and liars … liars with their pants on fire … governments … State and Federal lying with impunity!
Is Utah destined to become the destination for “Waste Creep”?
That is to say today are we creeping up to become the dump of all dumps for nuclear waste A,B,C….Z and more while tomorrow we are to be the “Permanent geological repository for …?” Now that “The Bears Ears” has been ravaged, are we to dump there also?
“The Nuclear Waste Policy Act of 1982 dictated that the federal government would identify a permanent geological repository—a long-term storage site—and begin transferring waste from nuclear power plants to that repository by 1998. A decade and a half after that deadline, the search for a repository site has stalled, with no resolution likely in the near future.” From the Union of Concerned Scientists at www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-power/nuclear-waste
Stockton, Utah chemist Matt McCarty said besides potential environmental threats, he worries about the facility’s accessibility and if there will be enough warning signs years from now about what’s buried there.
“We’re talking about a hazard that’s going to exist for a million years,” McCarty said. He went on to list several reasons for his concerns:
1. Depleted uranium is a very complex issue because it immediately starts to decay into radon, radium, polonium, thorium, thallium, and a host of other radioactive elements. Therefore, handling depleted uranium waste is difficult because it’s a mixture of radioactive elements each with its own radioactivity and toxicity.
2. The state legislature should not hurry to make the policy change in HB220 because the legislature is a deliberative body and has taken years to work out policy on complex issues like Medicaid expansion and medicinal cannabis. Depleted uranium deserves more time and deliberation because of its complexity.
3. EnergySolutions: In spite of having a public outreach office in Tooele County, EnergySolutions has not held a single town hall on the depleted uranium issue or this legislation in our county yet.
Kazakhstan … Template for Tragedy
Those in the past who stood to benefit and those who currently have facilitated such legislation are to include Pignanelli the Pig & Foxley the Fox.
Foxley is listed as a registered lobbyist for Energy Solutions. Energy Solutions also has its influencers and moles in the community and Utah government, for example Vern C. Rogers who is on the Utah Waste Management and Radiation Control Board
“WASTE-SITE `INTRIGUE’: IS IT WASTE OF ENERGY?” By Jerry Spangler, Staff Writer Deseret News Published: February 13, 1997
“It has all the ingredients for a classic case of corporate intrigue: Take a couple of well-heeled businessmen, add a healthy dose of rumor, a radioactive dump, innuendo, paranoia, and then throw in some payoff money and retribution. (continuing on) Dmitrich is the sponsor of a bill requested by lobbyist-businessman Doug Foxley, who has made a personal fortune buying and selling waste dumps. (and on) “We think Foxley and other folks have been waiting for a long time to do something like this,” Judd said, suggesting that the Semnani-Anderson scandal has incited any number of vultures to circle the company.” All here https://goo.gl/z9ozXd
Here’s an article that is telling of and relates to our focus on the entire HB220 situation. “Gov. Herbert signs another 44 bills, including a $1.7M fee break for EnergySolutions“
From the article we learn, “HB169 was unusual legislation in that it benefits a single company — EnergySolutions. It was approved by huge margins in the House and Senate, where members are beneficiaries of the company’s generous campaign contributions. In fact, EnergySolutions was the single largest donor to sitting legislators last year, pouring in more than $67,000 in contributions. A Tribune analysis found that lawmakers who took donations were many times more likely to vote for HB169 than those who did not accept checks from EnergySolutions. Herbert has continued the policy of his predecessor, former Gov. Jon Huntsman, in refusing to take EnergySolutions donations. (Huntsman once even returned $40,000 in contributions from entrepreneur Steve Creamer when Creamer was in the process of acquiring the company, then called Envirocare.)” Herbert’s patronage of Energy Solutions can be rewarded through “back doors” beyond public scrutiny. From “Vote Smart” we find “Energy & Natural Resources contributions to Herbert of $172,500.00” and $821,713.74 that are “Uncoded.”
“Lowell Peterson, who is registered as a lobbyist for USPCI, the company that owns a controlling interest in the East Carbon dump; Paul Rogers, a registered lobbyist for East Carbon Development Corp.; Sue Ferry, a registered lobbyist for USPCI; Dix McMullin, a registered lobbyist for East Carbon Development Corp. and Creamer & Noble (Steve Creamer is a co-owner of the facility); and Doug Foxley, a co-owner of ECDC and a lobbyist who represents USPCI, East Carbon Development Corp. and Creamer & Noble. All are among the most powerful lobbyists on Capitol Hill.” Deseret News
From “Boondoggled … 52 percent oppose the state takeover of public lands—but millions will be spent on it anyway” By Eric Ethington. ”In addition to Strata Policy, the Utah Legislature also hired the New Orleans-based Davillier Law Group, which includes Utahns Frank Pignanelli and Blaze Wharton (both former state legislators) and Doug Foxley. According to the state’s lobbyist disclosure website, Pignanelli and Foxley are currently paid lobbyists for several companies that could benefit from state management of public lands, including Big West Oil and EnergySolutions. Wharton has, in the past, lobbied for Energy Fuels.” – City Weekly
See also “Semnani living American dream”
Stephen Douglas Foxley … “Foxley has been in this role in an advisory capacity since last year. Prior to formally joining Cambia, he served as an associate at Foxley & Pignanelli, a prominent Utah government relations firm where he provided clients in-depth political consulting and policy expertise. He has also held legal and financial roles at Woodbury Corporation and EnergySolutions.” Cambia press release.
See and hear as the Fox and Pig pander to a mindless generational age of potential voters … pander with meaningless, irrelevant rubbish and nonsense that the Fox and Pig bring into Utah’s Capitol. Watch as they savage the essential dignity and decorum that should reside therein and disgrace themselves … they and their factotum legislators the facilitators and purveyors of the obscene HB0220S03 … Goodfellas all!
Goodfellas are …
much like “The Gang that Couldn’t Shoot Straight” … They are stumbling, bumbling, wannabe’ pretenders … little oligarchs … an unimpeded power elite enjoying a bottomless cornucopia of unprotected spoils … an aberrant, arrogant progeny of a fractured political system. They are conceived, nurtured and operate far removed from the original intent of the framers and founders of this Nation. They have subverted the “Rule of Law” and ravaged Benjamin Franklin’s vision and proposition that we could enjoy a “… republic if we could [sic] keep it.” The Goodfellas have infiltrated, permeated and presumed the right to manipulate every aspect of business, military, industry, finance, education , entertainment, law and religion in Utah. And … as a result of their control over financing our election processes and our own history of slavish submission … we are relegated to choosing between the horrible and the despicable at the ballot box. Finally, were it not for political interference, influence, compromise, and corruption … Utah and Federal Investigators , Prosecutors and Judges would/could have more effectively and efficiently pursued the investigations, prosecutions and convictions of these, our very own, home grown, Utah, Goodfellas. “We have met the enemy and they are us!” Walt Kelly & Pogo
Pignanelli the Pig & Foxley the Fox … Wizards of Waste … Denizens of the Dump … Gladiators for the “Radiation-iators” … Shills for the Bills
… and finally … Opioid Orrin … Senator Orrin Hatch should be named as a defendant in opioid lawsuits filed nationwide.
“Senator Orrin Hatch needs to be named in opioid lawsuits filed nationwide!“ by Marianne Skolek-Perez Global News Centre
This past week U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (Utah) announced his retirement from the Senate at 83 years old.
(MYRTLE BEACH) Before Mr. Hatch attends his retirement party as Chairman of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee, maybe some vital matters should be addressed. Hatch was a member of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee in 2012 when an investigation into the prescription opioid epidemic was launched naming several pharmaceutical companies as well as The American Pain Foundation, The American Academy of Pain Medicine and The American Pain Society, as well as several physicians. Two of the physicians named in the investigation were Perry Fine, MD and Lynn Webster, MD both from Utah. I am calling for Hatch to be charged with obstruction of justice and named as a defendant in the many lawsuits filed throughout the country against pharmaceutical companies such as Purdue Pharma, maker of OxyContin. My call for Orrin Hatch to be brought into legal action is based on the following information as regards the investigation into the prescription opioid epidemic addicting and killing in the tens of thousands:
1) Senator Hatch arbitrarily sealed the completed report into the prescription opioid epidemic devastating every state in the country after it was submitted for publication by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
2) Hatch’s friend, Lynn R. Webster, MD (named in the U.S. Senate Finance Committee investigation report sealed by Hatch) had his pain clinic raided by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) several years ago after a rash of deaths under Webster’s care. The DEA conducted a four year investigation into the deaths of patients at Webster’s pain clinic. The agents documented that an entire file cabinet was labeled “deceased patients”. Shortly before Webster was to be charged for the deaths in his clinic, the investigation was halted. If any attorneys general or private law firms filing lawsuits throughout the country would like information into why charges were dropped, I am providing you with US Attorney John Huber of Utah’s email address. It is firstname.lastname@example.org. (Huber is famous or should The Ole’ Buzzard have said “infamous” for issuing/loving Non Prosecution Agreements.) Webster settled individual lawsuits initiated by deceased patients families out of court and it was reported that he can no longer prescribe prescription opioids. Webster has now reinvented himself as pharma’s golden “recreational drug use clinical trial researcher.”
3) Hatch’s other friend is Perry Fine, MD (also under investigation by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee – report sealed by Hatch). Fine is associated with the School of Medicine, University of Utah. Fine was called as an “expert witness” in the late celebrity, Anna Nicole Smith’s suspicious death. During the trial, Dr. Fine said he believed Smith had a “high tolerance for drugs” but was “not addicted.” Ms. Smith was taking 1,500 pills/opioids. “She woke up and functioned from day to day,” Fine said. Here is my link to an article I wrote on Fine in 2012 and his attempt to admonish me. http://salem-news.com/articles/august122012/perry-fine-folo-ms.php
4) The American Pain Foundation named in the US Senate Finance Committee investigation (and report sealed by Orrin Hatch) closed its doors within days of the launch of the Senate probe. Above is a photo of Perry Fine, MD presenting U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch with the American Pain Foundation’s Public Service Award.
5) The American Academy of Pain Medicine named in the U.S. Senate Finance Committee investigation (and report sealed by Orrin Hatch) had Lynn R. Webster, MD serve as past president.
6) The American Pain Society named in the US Senate Finance Committee investigation (and report sealed by (Orrin Hatch) had Lynn R. Webster, MD in a leadership position.
U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch can be compared to the arsonist in a community who ravages people’s lives and homes, but whose profession is “firefighter” and paid to put out fires he caused.
Hopefully Hatch’s blatant obstruction of justice which has resulted in tens of thousands of deaths and addictions will result in attorneys general and law firms naming him as a defendant in lawsuits. He would be in good company with his pals Lynn R. Webster, MD and Perry Fine, MD who he has protected by sealing a critical report prepared by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
The Ole’ Buzzard Weighs in regarding Nuclear Waste and Ionizing Radiation …
Wayne L. Wickizer, Bio Here … among other adventures has documented proof of over 5,000 flying hours many of which were flying in U.S. Air Force Bombers at upper altitudes looking for and sampling Soviet Nuclear fallout. After such a mission and upon landing, the aircraft was quickly towed to the wash rack where it was carefully and thoroughly decontaminated while we the Aircrew were sent to the barracks without even a glance at our dosimeters… small round devices we wore on every mission to measure the doses of ionizing radiation we had received.
We were expendable then just as were the downwinders back in the day when the Government had to be forced to admit and compensate for exposing us to the hazards of ionizing radiation.
History and science weigh heavily on the side of demonstrating that we and our posterity in Utah are at risk again and expendable.
As for Orrin Hatch, his Hatchlings and Utah’s Goodfellas …
… they feed at the Federal and State troughs. Their inappropriate and shameful conduct may not yet rise to the legal level for alleging bribery. However, common sense and a shameful history dictates that if Hatch or Herbert or any of their hatchlings or Goodfellas were presiding over and presenting to an audience of citizens and one lone lobbyist … a lobbyist with deep pockets overflowing with cash … and all in the audience to include the lobbyist had their hands in the air to be recognized … our Utah Goodfellas would call for the cash first. They would pander and pimp to the lobbyist first. A long history and the record speak the rest.
Monkey See … Monkey Do … or so it goes for Hatch’s Hatchlings and Herbert’s Utah Goodfellas