Ex-Senator Orrin Hatch
The Opioid Crisis!
Hatch’s BOGUS Claim:
“During my Senate service, I fought diligently to combat the deadly opioid epidemic.”
Source: “Hatch Foundation to Host ‘Combating the Opioid Crisis’ Symposium“,
quoting Orrin Hatch, former Utah federal Senator and Chairman Emeritus of the Hatch Foundation, Dec. 10, 2019.
Hatch’s ACTUAL Conduct:
Open Secrets on Orrin Hatch’s
Big Pharma/Health Products Blood Money Take:
Source: Open Secrets Media Bias and Fact Check
Follow The Money on Orrin Hatch’s
Big Pharma/Health Products Blood Money Take:
Center for Responsible Politics & Fair Warning
on Orrin Hatch’s Blood Money Take:
Orrin Hatch Guts DEA Opioid Enforcement for Blood Money Take:
“In April 2016, at the height of the deadliest drug epidemic in U.S. history, Congress effectively stripped the Drug Enforcement Administration of its most potent weapon against large drug companies suspected of spilling prescription narcotics onto the nation’s streets…
“The law was the crowning achievement of a multifaceted campaign by the drug industry to weaken aggressive DEA enforcement efforts against drug distribution companies that were supplying corrupt doctors and pharmacists who peddled narcotics to the black market. The industry worked behind the scenes with lobbyists and key members of Congress, pouring more than a million dollars into their election campaigns…
“It passed after Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah) negotiated a final version with the DEA… Political action committees representing the industry contributed at least $1.5 million to the 23 lawmakers who sponsored or co-sponsored four versions of the bill, including $177,000 to Hatch.”
Source: “The Drug Industry’s Triumph Over the DEA,” Scott Higham and Lenny Bernstein, Washington Post, Oct. 15, 2017. Full story below….
Orrin Hatch’s Pro-Opioid Forum Blood Money Take:
“In June 2006, the forum organized a Capitol Hill briefing headlined ‘The Epidemic of Pain in America.’ Briefing materials included statements like: ‘Appropriate use of opioid medications like oxycodone is safe and effective and unlikely to cause addiction in people who are under the care of a doctor and who have no history of substance abuse.'”
“Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah… received more than $360,000… from forum participants.”
Source: “Pro-Painkiller Echo Chamber Shaped Policy Amid Drug Epidemic,” by Matthew Perrone and Ben Wieder, Center for Public Integrity, Sep. 19, 2016.
Source: “Orrin Hatch’s Legacy Reveals Shameful Protection of Pharmaceutical Industry,” by Marianne Skolek-Perez, Salem-News.com, Dec. 17, 2019.
“…US Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah and Congressman Tom Marino of Pennsylvania… are now exposed for their contribution to the Tsunami of prescription opioid addictions and deaths ravaging our country. Hopefully Mr. Hatch will be made to release the US Senate Finance Committee investigation launched in 2012 into the prescription opioid epidemic. Hatch has sealed the report and it has never been made public.”
Source: “US Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah and Congressman Tom Marino Exposed,” by Marianne Skolek-Perez, Salem-News.com, Oct. 16, 2017.
“In 2012 the U.S. Senate Finance Committee launched an investigation into the opioid epidemic. [Hatch friend] Webster was investigated by committee members. Upon completion of the investigation, U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch, (Utah) Chairman sealed the report where it remains today. It was rumored that Hatch was protecting his friend, Webster. Now that the good senator has retired, maybe someone with a conscience will want answers to why we are losing people to addiction and death in the tens of thousands and unseal the report.
Source: “The Root of the Opioid Epidemic is the FDA!” by Marianne Skolek-Perez, Salem-News.com, Jan. 14, 2019.
The following article is re-posted with permission….
Perry Fine, MD presenting U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch with the American Pain Foundation’s Public Service Award.
Before Mr. Hatch attends his retirement party as Chairman of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee, maybe some vital matters should be addressed. Hatch was a member of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee in 2012 when an investigation into the prescription opioid epidemic was launched naming several pharmaceutical companies as well as The American Pain Foundation, The American Academy of Pain Medicine and The American Pain Society, as well as several physicians. Two of the physicians named in the investigation were Perry Fine, MD and Lynn Webster, MD both from Utah. I am calling for Hatch to be charged with obstruction of justice and named as a defendant in the many lawsuits filed throughout the country against pharmaceutical companies such as Purdue Pharma, maker of OxyContin. My call for Orrin Hatch to be brought into legal action is based on the following information as regards the investigation into the prescription opioid epidemic addicting and killing in the tens of thousands:
1) Senator Hatch arbitrarily sealed the completed report into the prescription opioid epidemic devastating every state in the country after it was submitted for publication by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
2) Hatch’s friend, Lynn R. Webster, MD (named in the U.S. Senate Finance Committee investigation report sealed by Hatch) had his pain clinic raided by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) several years ago after a rash of deaths under Webster’s care. The DEA conducted a four-year investigation into the deaths of patients at Webster’s pain clinic. The agents documented that an entire file cabinet was labeled “deceased patients”. Shortly before Webster was to be charged for the deaths in his clinic, the investigation was halted. If any attorneys general or private law firms filing lawsuits throughout the country would like information into why charges were dropped, I am providing you with US Attorney John Huber of Utah’s email address. It is email@example.com. Webster settled individual lawsuits initiated by deceased patients families out of court and it was reported that he can no longer prescribe prescription opioids. Webster has now reinvented himself as pharma’s golden “recreational drug use clinical trial researcher.”
3) Hatch’s other friend is Perry Fine, MD (also under investigation by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee – report sealed by Hatch). Fine is associated with the School of Medicine, University of Utah. Fine was called as an “expert witness” in the late celebrity, Anna Nicole Smith’s suspicious death. During the trial, Dr. Fine said he believed Smith had a “high tolerance for drugs” but was “not addicted.” Ms. Smith was taking 1,500 pills/opioids. “She woke up and functioned from day to day,” Fine said. Here is my link to an article I wrote on Fine in 2012 and his attempt to admonish me. http://salem-news.com/articles/august122012/perry-fine-folo-ms.php
4) The American Pain Foundation named in the US Senate Finance Committee investigation (and report sealed by Orrin Hatch) closed its doors within days of the launch of the Senate probe. Above is a photo of Perry Fine, MD presenting U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch with the American Pain Foundation’s Public Service Award.
5) The American Academy of Pain Medicine named in the U.S. Senate Finance Committee investigation (and report sealed by Orrin Hatch) had Lynn R. Webster, MD serve as past president.
6) The American Pain Society named in the US Senate Finance Committee investigation (and report sealed by (Orrin Hatch) had Lynn R. Webster, MD in a leadership position.
U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch can be compared to the arsonist in a community who ravages people’s lives and homes, but whose profession is “firefighter” and paid to put out fires he caused.
Hopefully, Hatch’s blatant obstruction of justice which has resulted in tens of thousands of deaths and addictions will result in attorneys general and law firms naming him as a defendant in lawsuits. He would be in good company with his pals Lynn R. Webster, MD and Perry Fine, MD who he has protected by sealing a critical report prepared by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
Source: “Senator Orrin Hatch Needs To Be Named In Opioid Lawsuits Filed Nationwide!” by Marianne Skolek-Perez, Freedom Outpost, October 29, 2018. Article posted with permission from Marianne Skolek Perez as originally published in Global News Centre.
For additional information, see additional articles by Marianne Skolek-Perez and Salem-News.com: “Call for Senator Orrin Hatch to be Named in Opioid Lawsuits Nationwide,” Jan. 6, 2018, and “Caught you US Senator Orrin Hatch! Now Release the Opioid Report!” Oct. 7, 2017.
“Release the report, senators. Americans deserve to know who created the national scourge of opioid addiction.” — Paul D. Thacker, former investigator on US Senate Finance CommitteezOpening-the-Senates-sealed-opioid-report
Utah’s own … State Representative Carol Spackman Moss … signed the following “Fed Up” report:
It Takes a [Utah] Village to Raise a Criminal … or … in this case … an “Honorable” man?
In Shakespeare’s play “Julius Caesar,” Mark Antony, beloved by Caesar, declares the murdering traitor Brutus, “…an honorable man.” Brutus had just led the bloody assassination of Mark Antony’s mentor and friend the Roman Julius Caesar (Emperor). Of course, even the “groundling” theatre goers far below the penny, two penny and three penny seats at the Globe Theatre in London knew that the opposite about Brutus was true and always enjoyed the contradictions no matter how often they heard them repeated and dramatized. All of London loved the Ole’ Globe Theatre and marveled as the Bard lampooned and satirized the hypocrisies of his day … it was entertainment and reality and catharsis neatly packaged for the time and the masses. Throughout his speech, Antony calls the conspirators in Caesar’s stabbing “honorable men.” So too, the Antony(s) of our day are compelled by convention and protocol to laud their honorable fellows similarly no matter how odious and vile the subject of their praises.
With Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony and Brutus in mind, we are reminded of our Utah Goodfellas’ machinations, propaganda and pontifications. Therefore, in order to achieve fairness and balance herein, the Ole’ Buzzard is compelled to share the drivel we’ve been conditioned to hear from “honorable” ones about their “Honorable” Orrin Hatch and we offer the following as evidence.
- “Cuttings” from the June 2017, LDS Church News article, “Sen. Orrin Hatch honored as 2017 Distinguished Utahn for service to others.” The society gives this award each year to a Utahn who exemplifies its vision to “grow moral and ethical leadership around the world.” The Utah Republican was honored at a gala in the Little America Hotel Grand Ballroom for his support of and contributions toward this goal. Elder Dallin H. Oaks, Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles were in attendance at the event, as well as Presiding Bishop Gérald Caussé. The gala program included talks from Elder Ballard and Scott Anderson, president and CEO of Zions Bank.
- “Cuttings” from a June 2018, Deseret News article (evidence of why we have declared the “Desperate News” pusillanimous) … “Sen. Orrin Hatch honored as Giant in Our City.” Orrin Hatch was [Governor] Gary Herbert’s Sunday School teacher … U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc. and the evening’s keynote speaker, lauded Hatch …. Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney — who ran with Ryan on the ticket in 2012 — also attended Saturday’s celebration. President M. Russell Ballard, acting president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also attended and delivered a prayer to begin the evening.
For the Honorable “Opioid Orrin” Hatch we report the following and with the CDC continue to count the casualties. As reported by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), “From 1999 to 2017, more than 702,000 people have died from a drug overdose. In 2017, more than 70,000 people died from drug overdoses, making it a leading cause of injury-related death in the United States. Of those deaths, almost 68% involved a prescription or illicit opioid.” Hatch … your reservation awaits.
Special Ole’ Buzzard Thanks to
Marianne Skolek-Perez, Salem-News.com Investigative Reporter, is an Activist for Victims of OxyContin and Purdue Pharma throughout the United States and Canada. In July 2007, she testified against Purdue Pharma in Federal Court in Virginia at the sentencing of their three CEO’s – Michael Friedman, Howard Udell and Paul Goldenheim – who pleaded guilty to charges of marketing OxyContin as less likely to be addictive or abused to physicians and patients. She also testified against Purdue Pharma at a Judiciary Hearing of the U.S. Senate in July 2007. Marianne works with government agencies and private attorneys in having a voice for her daughter Jill, who died in 2002 after being prescribed OxyContin, as well as the voice for scores of victims of OxyContin. She is currently working on a book that exposes Purdue Pharma for their continued criminal marketing of OxyContin.
Marianne is a nurse, graduated in 1991 as president of her class, and also has a Paralegal certification. Marianne served on a Community Service Board for the Courier News, a Gannet newspaper in NJ, writing articles predominantly regarding AIDS patients and their emotional issues. She was awarded a Community Service Award in 1993 by the Hunterdon County, NJ HIV/AIDS Task Force in recognition of and appreciation for the donated time, energy and love in facilitating a Support Group for persons with HIV/AIDS.
Below is the trailer for the explosive upcoming book, “PHARMA, Greed, Lies and the Poisoning of America,” by Pulitzer Prize Nominee, noted author and investigator Gerald Posner. Four years in the making, it will be published on March 10, 2020 by Avid Reader Press.
The Ole’ Buzzard says, “Buy the book and look for ‘Opioid Orrin’ in it.”
60 Minutes Report from Top DEA Whistleblower
DEA Whistleblower Joe Rannazzisi says drug distributors pumped opioids into U.S. communities — knowing that people were dying — and says industry lobbyists and Congress derailed the DEA’s efforts to stop it.
To see the 60 Minutes “The Whistleblower” 7-minute synopsis, click here.
To see the entire 60 Minutes “The Whistleblower” expose’ (30 minutes), click here.
Friends, your “Tips” have been priceless!
We accept tips (whistleblower or otherwise) that support our mission, and will keep your correspondence in confidence. Justice4All trustees include former government whistleblowers, a former FBI agent, Veterans of military intelligence, counterintelligence, and special operations, and a junkyard dog prosecuting attorney. We were entrusted to guard this nation’s most critical information and will continue to do so.
You may also mail information to:
6720 Buena Vista Drive
Ogden, UT 84405
Co-authored by Daniel Newby
“The Ole’ Buzzard”
“The Ole’ Buzzard” & President of Justice4All
FBI Agent from 1970-76
Only Agent in FBI history to receive a
letter of commendation from Director J. Edgar Hoover
Military Master Parachutist